The goose gives the answers
We hope you enjoyed the location quiz in our last issue of GanderS.? Here are the answers:
- Barataria – The Gondoliers. It’s in the title.
- Castle Adamant – Princess Ida’s fortress.
- Castle Bunthorne – Patience. Bunthorne’s gaff.
- Girton – Utopia. Where the Princess has been.
- Margate – Cox and Box. The location of the lover.
- Mount Olympus – Thespis. Tricky, but it’s where the actors get to rule.
- Peckham and Camberwell – Trial by Jury. Venues for passion.
- Pfennig Halbpfennig – The Grand Duke is set in the Duchy.
- Portsmouth – Pinafore. Where the bumboat woman is based.
- Rederring – Ruddigore. The village with the professional bridesmaids.
- St. Mary Axe – Sorcerer. Wellington’s shop.
- Titipu – Mikado. Sadly lacking in executions.
- Tower of London – Yeomen. Grim, but Dame Carruthers loves it.
- Tremorden Castle – Pirates. Bought by the Major General. Ancestors included.
- Westminster – Iolanthe. The posh end where their lordships sit.