The Goose has the Answers
Quiz 6 was all about sorcery. How did you get on?
Last time the goose was testing you on sorcery. How did you score?
- The Elixir of Love, like The Sorcerer, features a love potion. Who composed the opera? Gaetano Donizetti
- So who, in 1963 sang about a numbered love potion? The Searchers - Love Potion No. 9
- Pat Boone refered to the same potion in 1964. What was his song titled? Poetry in Motion - no number 9 love potion could make me love you more
- Cyndi Lauper had a go at the love potion too in I'll Kiss You. What number tipple did she try? Potion number eight but it didn't work so she went back for nine.
- The largest teapot in the world is 13ft high. Where is it? Morocco. There's a bigger one in the USA but it can't make tea.
- How did Hugo's sawing a lady in half trick go in Hitchcock's Sorcerer's Apprentice? The saw worked excellently, but the magic wand didn't. Hugo was terribly upset, and Irene was beside herself
- Who wrote The Sorcerer's Apprentice? Johann Wolfgang von Goethe wrote the poem in 1797
- What is the skyscraper at 70 St Mary Axe known as? The Can of Ham
- The video game We Happy Few features joy pills. Can you guess the name of the fictional town it is set in? It's called Wellington Wells.
- Sangazure is of course blue blood, but what is Pointdextre? The dexter point is the top right quarter of a heraldic coat of arms.