The Goose has the Answers
Quiz 7 was all about Doris Day. How did you get on?
Last time the goose was testing you on Doris Day. How did you score?
- Doris Mary Anne Kappelhoff was born in 1922. What was her star sign? Aries the Ram. Which shows what use astrology is...
- Doris started her professional career as a dancer. What put that on hold? A car accident in 1937 injured her right leg.
- How did Kappelhoff become Day? Barney Rapp suggested it in 1939 after hearing her sing 'Day After Day'.
- OK. Has to be asked. What was Doris' first film? 'Romance on the High Seas' in 1948.
- Many more films followed. Who was her co-star in 'Pillow Talk'? It was the start of her long running friendship with Rock Hudson
- And who starred with Doris in 'That Touch of Mink' in 1962? Cary Grant.
- 'Move Over Darling' was a hit movie and an even bigger hit song. Who co-wrote that famous song? Her son Terry Melcher with Joe Lubin and Hal Kanter.
- Well the goose had to give one easy one. Who was her co-star in 'Calamity Jane'? Howard Keel of course!
- So when did Doris first get top billing in a movie? Not until 1951 in 'Starlift'
- It wasn't Doris who sang 'Happy Birthday Mr President'. What was her first brush with a potential president? In 1952 she starred in 'The Winning Team' alongside Ronald Reagan
- And, sadly, the last movie. Which movie and when?1968 'With Six You Get Eggroll'. Only 65% on Rotten Tomatoes!
- Doris famously played Calamity Jane in the 1953 movie. Who played her on screen in 1940? Marin Sais played Calamity in the film series Deadwood Dick in 1940